Thursday, December 4, 2008

You give me fever

This is me sick. And writing.

I like blending work. Not having it be so strictly photographic. As in only photo work clumped next to photo work. 

A year or so ago I was rigidly photographic. Religiously so perhaps. After I came to the conclusion that I adore work that has to be made no matter what, despite skill or health or money or anything, I've opened up a lot.

I've been doing more scribbles. I've been putting myself in different positions. I've accepted how performative my self portraits are and embraced that. I've finally found a way to introduce text back into my work. Things are reaching equilibrium again and I'm enjoying it. Dare I say it, photography cannot capture every idea I wish to get across so being open to other mediums is helping a lot. I know, I sound like an elitest photo prude. I'm working on it though.


1 comment:

rc-d said...

"photography cannot capture every idea "
HERETIC!!!!